Monday, March 19, 2012

Onion Pakoda/Bonda


Onion Pakoda remains me of my hostel days in Bangalore... We used to get scheduled food in Pay Guest. I do not like Tuesday's dinner, which is Mooli sambar, rasam and bitter gourd poriyal. We used to have just rasam and Onion Pakoda as side dish.

My friend Karthi and I used to buy this for sure on every tuesday. We even have an agreement that who ever comes to PG first will buy it and only enter PG. The road side shop would have a biiig crowd to buy this pakoda mainly. I used to stand in the shop for more than 15 mins to buy just 4 pakodas. Those were beautiful days which will be always cherished. :)

Do try it out, this would be absolutely yummy during rainy season :)

Ingredients:

1 Big Chopped Onion
3 tbs Rice flour
3 tbs Besan flour
1/2 tbs Corn flour
3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
Pinch of Asfoetida
Required Salt
1tsp Butter/ghee (Optional)
Required Oil for deep frying

Method:

  • Mix all the above ingredients except oil and sprinkle water to make dough. Do not add more water. The dough consistency should be such a way that we can make balls out of it.
  • Make balls and get it deep fried in hot oil.
  • Remove the excess oil using tissue.
  • Serve with tomato sauce. I love to have it as such :)

No comments:

Post a Comment