Friday, March 30, 2012

Garlic Pickle


I had to go to my Mom's place for 5days and wanted to make sure I make something for my hubby thereby he gets temped to keep rice in our home. And he suggested me to make Mango pickle for him, so that he can have it with all kinds of rice . So tried my first pickle on the night before I had to travel and that was Mango pickle.  It was damn Yummy as I did not take pictures of it could not post it.

I also brought some to my CBE home and my parents loved the pickle a lot. Hence asked to prepare some more for them. As they do not eat much spiciness I made a different version of pickle and the recipe is given below. They liked it a lot but as it was not very spicy my sissy gave an another name to it, Spicy Idli Melagai podi Grrrrrrrrrrr ;) :).


Ingredients:

200gms Garlic
1 tbs Jaggery
3 tbs Jeera
3 tbs Corriander seeds
25 Red Chillies
2 tbs Methi Seeds
2tbs Mustard
2 Lemon
4tbs Salt
Required Gingely Oil

Method:
  • Peel the Garlic and cut them little small. If your using the small garlic just peel them and keep.
  • In an empty kadai dry roast Jeera, Corriander seed and Red chillies. Allow them to cool before grinding.
  • In the same kadai dry roast Methi seeds separately and keep aside.
  • Powder the first mixture. We like to have it little coarse than a fine powder. Hence powdered them little coarsely. Finely Powder the Methi Powder.
  • To the chilli mixture add the extracted lemon juice and mix well. 
  • In the heavy bottomed kadai, add oil more than quantity of  Garlic. (If you have 1 cup garlic you can add 1 1/2 cup oil )
  • When the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add the chilli lemon mixture, salt and garlic. Mix well and within few seconds add mustard powder and add jaggery at the end. 
  • Yummy Garlic pickle ready :)


 Note:
  • Mix well and keep it aside till it cools and then store in Glass vessel Pour extra oil if required on top so that the pickle is immersed in oil well. 
  • It will not be very spice unlike the normal pickle but will have spiciness, sourness, sweetness,bitterness. It can be used for more months if stored properly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment