Friday, March 16, 2012

Maaladu



Yippeee!! Here goes my first blog....

I realized my love towards cooking when our home was set up in Pune . I felt toooooo good when I had a kitchen on my own where I can mess up and experiment in cooking and the most good part is no one can question me other than my hubby ;) Its quite easy to blabber about the mess to your hubby when compared to MIL and Mom ;)

This being my first post I wanted to start with a sweet recipe.

Maaladu as everyone know its very easy doable and mouthwatering sweet.
To say about it, my hubby have a sentimental feel when it comes to Maaladu.

Whenever he goes home during vacation, my MIL used to prepare this sweet for him so that he can eat whenever he misses home. He is not much home sick but obviously he does misses his mom's cuisines as she is a culinary expert I should say.

He used to preserve them and have it whenever he starts something new or thinks he requires mom's blessing. With the same senti even I thought I will have the same in my first blog.

Here we go...

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup Fried gram/Pottu kadalai
1 cup Sugar
Handful of Almonds (Optional)
Handful of roasted cashews
1 cup Ghee

Method:
  • Powder Fried grams and Almonds finely in a mixer. Powder the sugar as well.
  • Mix all of them along with cashews.
  • Heat ghee in a kadai and add warm ghee to the mixture and shape them into balls.
  • Yummy Maaladu ready :) Enjoy...


Note:
  • If your going to make many maaladu then make sure you add warm ghee to the mixture little by little. It requires some patience as it involves heating the ghee and making the ladoo and again reheating the ghee for making maaladu, the process to be iterated till the mixture is complete.
  • If Ghee is not there adequate in home you can also add little milk along with ghee and make maaldu. But this needs to be consumed soon and cant be preserved longer like the original recipe.
  • My hubby does not like Almonds as such so I used to grind it along with fried gram so he will not get to know ;) It will not be used in the original recipe. You can also omit it.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect home maker!!! Really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple & Suuper dish,.. Try to post more dishes like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome......congratulations to u vini....pls inspire me too...sri is extremely worried for me !

    ReplyDelete
  4. its so attractive manni...nice......

    ReplyDelete