Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moong Dal


 As I have started cooking recently I am just posting easy and delicious recipe which I do in home.

Here is another such simple recipe which would taste heavenly with any Indian bread.


Being health cautious we used to have phulka atleast 4 times in a week for dinner. So obviously need to make nice curry to have it. My husband do not like Indian breads much, he prefers rice for roti. So to make him eat I have to make different kinds of curry each time and should make sure they are not repeated too.

Whenever I feel lazy to prepare a new curry I used to prepare this :) Oops my hus would know it now :P
My mom used to prepare this curry whenever she makes Chapathi. And I would love to have it at any time.
And hubby also enjoys this curry and would ask for extra chappathi  whenever I make this :)

Here goes the simple Lentil curry's recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup Moong Dal
1 big onion
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Required Salt


To Temper:

2 tbs Oil/Ghee
1 tsp Mustard
2 tsp Jeera
3 Red/green Chillies
Few Curry Leaves
Pinch of Hing

Method:
  • Pressure cook the moong dal. I used to make it mushy so that it would taste yummy :)
  • Add the tempering ingredients in a hot kadai. Later add the finely chopped onions and fry until little golden brown. To it add the turmeric powder.
  • Add the cooked Moong dal and water to required consistency. Still well until they get mixed well and nice aroma comes out.
  • Yummy and easy curry ready :)

Note:
  • I did not had green chillies in home hence used red chillies. Green chillies can also be used to give more spice to the curry.
  • I like to add more jeera to this curry as it gives a very nice flavor.

1 comment: