Friday, March 16, 2012

Diamond Chips

Like our elders say life has both sweetness and sourness.
My first blog being a sweet, I drafted my second blog which is namkeen.

Diamond chips is my all time favorite snack, which we get exclusively from Nella lala shop in Coimbatore. The namkeen would taste so good and one can have it at any time. Whenever I go to CBE, we used to buy it for sure for munching.

I tried to make it too. It did not turn like the one I expected but it was tastier in its own way.

Here goes my recipe...

Ingredients:

2 cup Maida
2 tbsp chilli powder
pinch of Hing
Required cooking oil
Salt to taste
Few curry leaves
Required water

Method:

  • Dry Roast the curry leaves and powder it
  • Mix the ingredients such as maida, curry leaves powder, Hing, salt and water to make soft dough.
  • Take small balls and roll them like chapathi. Using knife draw parallel and diagonal line forming diamond shapes.
  • Place them in tissue paper there by it absorbs the moisture and later deep fry them.
  • Remove the excess oil and store them in an airtight container.
  • Puffy and crispy diamond chips ready :)

They were very yummy that my hubby made sure I divide them into two equal halves for me and him and store them in separate container. If not I would have ate them all by myself.... ;)

1 comment: